I had planned to start marketing the site in February. Turns out, it’s February, and I have no marketing plan! I have a commitment to “do” something for the site every day, as in, updating the site or posting about the site. So, I added a new post to Mike’s Story. Then….
I spent this morning re-reading some articles on marketing your website and small business. This was a good reminder that I haven’t really done much planning around the marketing. I’m committed to posting on the site every day, linking to the site every day, and learning every day. After reading the articles, I’m committed to reaching out to an influencer or site or potential partner every day.
My steps today:
- Create Trello lists for (I plan a post on how I’m using Trello soon):
- Marketing and Launch (this was more an update, than create, but so much changed it might as well have been new)
- HR People
- Laid Off People
- Update information on the Facebook page that was missing
- Create a new spreadsheet with information on:
- Websites to reach out to
- HR partners
- Laid off partners
- Small business partners
- Hiring manager partners
- Watched a video on using FB for your business (Julianne logged me into the gotchacovered site, and I also update her business FB page). (I might watch more, after I finish this update……)
Tomorrow I will be updating my plan for social media this month. Not sure what else the overall plan is for tomorrow yet. I will also reach out to someone in MN that could help out, to see if she wants to meet when I’m there next week. I think an in person meeting would help…..